Thursday, January 28, 2016

Sample Low Carb, High Fat and Gluten Free Dinner Menu

A few of you have asked me to post about what kinds of dinners I make for my family of three as someone who is low carb, high fat and gluten free and I am more than happy to do so.

Most of my recipes come from the almighty Pinterest or from low-carb Facebook pages that I follow, but I just ordered the book, The Ketogenic Cookbook by Jimmy Moore and Maria Emmerich.  I've added a few of their recipes to my monthly menu plan for February.  I love the fact that this book is big and has huge, colorful pictures of the final product.  

Mind you, I haven't tried any of the recipes from this book, but they all seem to be pretty doable and you don't need too many crazy ingredients, but if you are going low-carb you will most likely need things like Stevia, MCT Oil and Xanthum Gum among others.


OK, time for what I cook for dinner!

Our January Menu included the following recipes (all pinned from Pinterest):


Hearty Hamburger Soup - for this one I substituted the can of pumpkin with good old tomato             sauce because pumpkin sounded blech.



Crock Pot Asian Pork Chops - I would substitute Stevia for Splenda and Liquid Aminos for Soy Sauce (yes, even Market Basket sells something as random as Liquid Aminos!)

Bacon Ranch Chicken - be careful of how many carbs are in each serving of the brand of Ranch you buy.  






Tuscano Soup - an absolute favorite of the Mister's!  

And there it is!  12 recipes from our latest month of dinner menu planning.  

Always be aware of the carb count of any ingredient you use especially pasta/tomato sauces and dressings.  And yes, there are some dressings with wheat listed as an ingredient which you will want to watch if you are trying to be gluten-free.

For breakfast, this is my favorite recipe as of late after my week long egg fast (Week long egg fast!?  Also, another blog post):


I practice intermittent fasting which means I fast for 16 hours a day and only eat for 8.  If I say I am eating breakfast that is usually when everyone else is eating lunch around 11:30am.  I stop eating by 7:30pm the night before but that is a whole other post!

As always, please let me know if you have any questions about what I've shared.  


No comments:

Post a Comment