Monday, May 1, 2017

30 Weeks: 6-9 Weeks to Go!



Disclaimer: This is my second pregnancy.  With my first pregnancy my daughter was born preterm, breech and via C-section.  Due to my age, my medical history (hello, incompetent cervix!) and my daughter being delivered preterm I am being classified as high-risk.  Things could get a little crazy in here so proceed with caution.


How far along: 30 Weeks
Total weight gain: 36 pounds. I actually lost weight!
Maternity clothes: Oh yeah.
Stretch marks: Nothing new
Sleep: So much pain!  If it is my sciatica than it is nerve damage from my previous c-section keeping me up.  Lately, the bulging disk is my lower back has been making it hard for me to bend over.  I'm finally investing in a pregnancy belt.  
Best moment of this week: Taking Scarlett to her big sister class.  Honestly, she was a pain the whole time, but I do think she absorbed some information.  She also got to take her second hospital tour so if nothing else she'll be really comfortable when she comes to visit me.  
Miss anything: Not being in pain?  
Movement: This little girl is strong!  So strong that she kicked me so hard on the left side that she must have hit a nerve and it aggravated my bulging disk in my back.  
Food cravings: Nah.  
Anything making you queasy or sick: Just really strong smells.  
Have you started to show yet: YES!
Gender: Female
Labor signs: No, but I worry about how my cervix is holding up although nothing can be done.  
Belly button in or out: In
Wedding rings on or off: off
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Getting stuff done!  There is so much to do.  I need a week to clean and organize this house, but that isn't going to happen with my back giving out.

* Since we did not spill the beans on this pregnancy to our family until I was 14 weeks pregnant, there will be a fair amount of backtracking until I can get caught up.  Hang in there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment