Monday, May 30, 2016

Boston Inspired Running Playlist

I recently ran the Boston's Run to Remember 5 mile race.  Coming off my first half marathon, my goal for this race was to have fun, take lots of selfies,and enjoy running through the streets of my favorite city all while listening to my music hence the reason I created a Boston specific running playlist.  While preparing for this race I scoured the internet for ideas and didn't come across a whole lot so I thought I'd post what I came up with here.  Bostonians love their sports teams, classic rock and The Dropkick Murphy's ever since they were featured in The Departed.  I added some fun, guilty pleasures to the mix too.

For those of you who are not Boston sports fans both "Sweet Caroline" and "Dirty Water" are played at Red Sox games with "Dirty Water" being the teams victory anthem.  The songs "Welcome to the Jungle" and "For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)" are played at Gillette Stadium home of the New England Patriots.  I also couldn't help adding a San Francisco Giant's anthem, "Don't Stop Believin'" since my husband is a big fan.

If you can think of any other Boston inspired songs to add leave a comment below.  I'd love to add more to my list.



  • Massachusetts - Bee Gees
  • I'm Shipping Up to Boston - The Dropkick Murphy's
  • Burning Love - Elvis Presley
  • I Walk the Line - Johnny Cash
  • Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
  • I Love It - Icona Pop
  • Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson
  • Dirty Water - The Standells 
  • Panama - Van Halen
  • Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
  • Let's Go Crazy - Prince
  • Welcome to the Jungle - Guns N' Roses 
  • Fight For Your Right - Beastie Boys
  • Rebel Rebel - David Bowie
  • The Final Countdown - Europe
  • The Distance - Cake
  • For Those About to Rock (We Salute You) - AC/DC
  • Hooked on a Feeling - Blue Swede
  • Killer Queen - Queen 

Follow me Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment