Thursday, July 7, 2016

How to Prevent Plantar Fasciitis

If you have a stabbing pain on the bottom of your foot especially near the heel, you might just have Plantar Fasciitis.  For me, it is at its worst in the morning when I first wake up and take a step but it can also happen after standing for too long.  For more information on what is commonly referred to as "Runner's Heel," you can read an article from the Mayo Clinic HERE.

So you've read the description and you think you have it.  What next?  How do you get relief?  I suffer from heel pain on my left heel and I credit it to ill fitting shoes.  Remind me again to never change brands or styles when I find one that works.

My suggestion to you is to try the moves in this video by the Train Like a Mother Club from Another Mother Runner.  


The moves have given me some relief.  Now, I haven't had a chance to do the moves with a partner yet, but I have promised my husband that he will get to torture me with my foam roller soon.  I think he's looking forward to it.

So what are you waiting for?  If you have heel pain, please try these moves!  If you still can't get relief than get help in the form of a physical therapist.  Plantar Fascitiitis is something that can sideline your training for months if not years.

No comments:

Post a Comment