Thursday, December 29, 2016

The Beginning: 6 Weeks Pregnant!


Disclaimer: This is my second pregnancy.  With my first pregnancy my daughter was born preterm, breech and via C-section.  Due to my age, my medical history (hello, incompetent cervix!) and my daughter being delivered preterm I am being classified as high-risk.  Things could get a little crazy in here so proceed with caution.  

How far along:  6 weeks
Total weight gain:  I've probably put on a good 10 pounds of bloat and indigestion 
Maternity clothes:  I don't need to wear it yet, but I invested in 2 long sleeve maternity shirts mostly for my bump photo shoots but also to add to my existing collection since my last pregnancy was mostly a summer one. 
Stretch marks: Just the ones I already have! 
Sleep: Eh, I could sleep 24/7 if I could, but I don't get great sleep.  It doesn't help that I had to stop taking Valerian root early on since it is a herbal medicine and doctors are unsure of how that would affect the fetus.  
Best moment of this week: Sleeping and the few times that I can manage to get a workout in.  The horomones are just wreaking havoc with my body when I try to extert any amount of energy.  
Miss anything: Beer and wine, of course! 
Movement: Just gas bubbles.  :)
Food cravings: Sugar, but I've mostly been able to overcome it unlike my last pregnancy.  
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not eating every 2-3 hours or, just the opposite, sometimes when I think about food I want to barf.  
Have you started to show yet: Just bloat.
Gender: Nothing confirmed yet since it is so early but I am thinking boy simply because this pregnancy is already so different than the last one.  Scarlett really wanted to kill me from 5 weeks on.  
Labor signs: No, thank God!
Belly button in or out: Still in.
Wedding rings on or off: Still on. 
Happy or moody most of the time: I'm a big ball of emotions right now.  
Looking forward to: Seeing baby at our 8 week appointment on November 16.

* Since we did not spill the beans on this pregnancy to our family until I was 14 weeks pregnant, there will be a fair amount of backtracking until I can get caught up.  Hang in there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment