Monday, December 26, 2016

The Best Kind of Christmas Present!

If you've been following my running journey, then you know that I've taken a break ever since my second half marathon, Smuttynose Rockfest Half Marathon,  at the beginning of October.  My plantar fasciitis was awful and my mind and spirit were ready for a break.  I was ready to get back to just enjoying running and not training with any goal in mind.

I also told my husband that after that half marathon we could try for baby #2.  No way, no how was I going to be in the throes of my first trimester during the half marathon especially when I could barely walk because my feet were that bad.

So after Smuttynose, try we did and yesterday on Christmas we finally got to announce to our parents that we are expecting baby #2 on June 26, 2017!

Since we only really get both sets of parents, minus my father-in-law who lives in California, together on Christmas, we decided we had to announce the pregnancy in a fun way.  I took this picture of my daughter last month, left the chalkboard blank and then filled it in using PicMonkey.  I then had the pictures printed, framed and wrapped them up for them to open as the last gift of the day.

Then we videoed their reaction.






And they reacted exactly as we thought they would.

So for the next several months this blog will take a different turn.  My number #1 goal is to have a healthier pregnancy than my last one when I gained 80 pounds and ate cheeseburger after cheeseburger from Wendy's.  I feel like I've already gained more weight than I should have, but I am finally feeling human again now that I am out of the first trimester so my goal is to be more active.  Overall, I've been eating healthier, but I could really do without all the ice cream in the house.  Woops!

Alright, dear readers, if you've announced your pregnancy before, how did you do it?  

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on #2! Will you keep up with running and yoga?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the goal! I'm not sure how long I will run for as I've heard different things on how good that is for your body as the baby gets bigger, but my main goal is to stay active whether that is strength training, yoga or running I just need to do something. I was such a sloth last time!

      Delete