Monday, January 30, 2017

14 Weeks Pregnant and Our Secret is OUT!


Disclaimer: This is my second pregnancy.  With my first pregnancy my daughter was born preterm (36 weeks), breech and via C-section.  Due to my age, my medical history (hello, incompetent cervix!) and my daughter being delivered preterm I am being classified as high-risk.  Things could get a little crazy in here so proceed with caution.  

How far along: 14 Weeks!
Total weight gain:  14 pounds, but I look like I've gained 30!
Maternity clothes:  Yes!  I've given in to maternity pants because they are way more comfortable.  My jeans still fit with a button extender but they were always falling down.
Stretch marks: Just the usual ones.
Sleep: It's hit or miss.  Some nights I sleep solid, other nights I'm up after 5 hours.  Since my diet and exercise are so off I don't know what is related to pregnancy and what is due to the adrenal fatigue. 
Best moment of this week: Telling our parents on Christmas Day that they are going to be grandparents again!
Miss anything: I would have loved a couple of glasses of wine on Christmas especially since we had to say good-bye to our 12 year old dog on Christmas Eve.

Movement: Felt like I had something stuck in my hips around where my jeans sit the other day.  When I poked at it it moved but then came back.  Don't know if it is my ligaments stretching or movement.  
Food cravings: Not really.  The hunger is starting to slow down.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Chicken still.  Blech.  
Have you started to show yet: Oh yeah!
Gender: Still thinking boy.
Labor signs:  Nope.  Nope. Nope. 
Belly button in or out:  Still in.  
Wedding rings on or off:  On.
Happy or moody most of the time: This has been a crapshoot lately especially since we put our dog down on Christmas Eve.  
Looking forward to: Being able to talk about the pregnancy openly and getting back into a workout routine.

Since we did not spill the beans on this pregnancy to our family until I was 14 weeks pregnant, there will be a fair amount of backtracking until I can get caught up.  Hang in there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment