Sunday, January 22, 2017

First Run Where I Didn't Want to Puke!

Now that we have a dog that doesn't have stubby little legs (sorry Luna!), I can finally take her out on a run.  
Selfies mean time for snuggles and love! 

Having been a stray for 2 years, her leash manners leave something to be desired, but she seems to enjoy walks even though she is getting used to her new environment.  I've never seen a 65 pound dog be so timid!  

After surviving our first mile walk, I decided to wake up early today to take her on one mile run/walk.  The weather hasn't been terribly cold lately so I figured I could suck it up and get out there.

Even though it was 35 degrees when we started, there was still a fair amount of ice on the road which I wasn't counting on.  Shhh, don't tell my OB!  After we made our way around it was time to start picking up the pace.  Leia wasn't so sure about that.  I made sure she had plenty of time to sniff around, get some reassuring pets and time to do her business.  

It didn't take long for her to fall into a groove and we were off!  If my Garmin is to be believed I even hit an 8:20 mm pace!  Since I'm kinda crazy, I kept making deals with her - we'll run to that black mailbox and then you can stop to sniff.  

Not running related, but too darn cute to NOT share! 
Honestly, the run/walk intervals definitely helped me feel like the run was more successful and I never once wanted to barf!  Yes!

Here's hoping to many more runs with our rescue dog!

And just for the record, I'll be 18 weeks pregnant tomorrow.  




No comments:

Post a Comment