Thursday, October 26, 2017

High Protein Breakfast Bowl



I created this recipe because the sausage patties I bought were originally for a different recipe, BUT that recipe involved almond flour which I am highly allergic to so I needed to find another use for them.  Voila!  I came up with this high protein breakfast bowl! 

On a whim, I decided to throw the patties into a frying pan, crack a few eggs over them and then add whatever else I could that would add flavor.  Sometimes it's bacon bits or onion or pepper. Even pepperoni gets thrown in there!  This is really anything goes type recipe except​, you know me, I stay away from the carbs.

Ready for the recipe?  Here it goes!

Ingredients



  • 2 frozen sausage patties
  • 2-3 eggs
  • Handful of shredded cheese
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Any other ingredients you might want to toss in like chopped onions or peppers


Place your sausage patties into a heated skillet. Crack your eggs on top like you are going to fry them then toss in the rest of your ingredients. Cook until the eggs aren't runny.  It's really that simple.

Let me know when you try it.  I want to hear how it tastes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment