Monday, October 16, 2017

Sweet Potato Sriracha Bowl - A Low Carb Meal



I bought some sweet potatoes on a whim one day thinking I could satisfy my chip craving by making some fries.  The fries came out alright but when I noticed my neglected sweet potatoes were going to spoil soon, I cleaned them up and steamed them.  Who knew steaming sweet potatoes would be so easy?!

After I steamed them I had an idea to mix them up with my favorite dip for sweet potato fries - sriracha and mayo.  I also had some left over bacon bits that I threw in.  After I mixed everything together, I took a much anticipated bite and instantly decided it was Mmmm, mmm, good!

It might look kinda weird or you might be like, "Mayo in my sweet potatoes?  Gross!"  But just like the cast of Yo Gabba Gabba sings, "Try it!  You'll like it!"

Ingredients:
1 steamed sweet potato (directions for steaming below)
2 Tablespoons of mayo (I eyeball this)
Couple of squirts of Sriracha
As many bacon bits as you want!

Mix it all together in a bowl and enjoy.

The easiest way I've found to steam sweet potatoes is to clean them, put them all snug in a glass pan with 1/4 cup of water, cover it with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for one hour.  

Now you can have the Gabba song stuck in your head too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment