Monday, April 24, 2017

28 Weeks Later

Disclaimer: This is my second pregnancy.  With my first pregnancy my daughter was born preterm, breech and via C-section.  Due to my age, my medical history (hello, incompetent cervix!) and my daughter being delivered preterm I am being classified as high-risk.  Things could get a little crazy in here so proceed with caution.


How far along: 28 Weeks
Total weight gain: About 37 pounds!  Too much weight gain so far, but I passed my glucose test so there's that.  
Maternity clothes: Oh yeah.
Stretch marks: Nothing new
Sleep: My allergies are starting to kick in so breathing at night is rough.  
Best moment of this week: Scarlett sitting on me, but then as soon as she got off Vivienne started to go crazy punching, kicking and jabbing!  It was like she was saying, "Hey, big sis, come back here!"
Miss anything: I miss racing.  I can't go for a 2 mile run without desperately needing a bathroom these days so there is no way I could even pull off a 5K.  I've been tempted to sign up for one, but I also worry about complications arising even though I know it is perfectly safe for me to run and exercise while pregnant.  I think mentally I'd rather just stay close to home.  
Movement: Tons!  The other night I woke up to hear being transverse.  She was kicking her legs and arms simultaneously.  I really thought she was trying to bust out.  
Food cravings: Nah.  
Anything making you queasy or sick: Just really strong smells.  
Have you started to show yet: YES!
Gender: Female
Labor signs: No, but I worry about how my cervix is holding up although nothing can be done.  
Belly button in or out: In
Wedding rings on or off: off
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Just checking more things off my to-do list like gathering baby gear and packing our hospital bags.

Since we did not spill the beans on this pregnancy to our family until I was 14 weeks pregnant, there will be a fair amount of backtracking until I can get caught up.  Hang in there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment