Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Easy Warm Up Moves for Mother Runners

During my last half marathon training cycle, I followed the run plan from the Train Like a Mother 13.1 Club.    It was great!  The plan took into account that we are all busy moms who don't have an hour or two every day to work on running, strength training and stretching.  There were extra rest days built in if your heart just wasn't into it which I talked about HERE in a post about a month and half into my training.

Tonight I stumbled upon a new video posted on YoutTube from these running coaches.  It's a warm up video designed with moms in mind so the moves are effective, but meant to be done when you don't have a lot of time on hand, like when the kid needs a bath and dinner is burning in the oven.

Even though I wasn't going out for a run tonight, I gave them a try and I'll definitely be working them into my pre-run routine.  I especially appreciated the ones that target the calves since I have a lot of tightness and strain there.

The hardest move was the Tennessee Walking Horse for me.  It looks so easy but I had a hard time with it especially on my left side.  I wonder what that means?

If you try out the moves, let me know what you think in the comment section below.




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this- I have been looking for new warm ups to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I did them this morning while I took the dog out before my run and they were perfect.

      Delete