Wednesday, February 8, 2017

16 Weeks Pregnant



Disclaimer: This is my second pregnancy.  With my first pregnancy my daughter was born preterm, breech and via C-section.  Due to my age, my medical history (hello, incompetent cervix!) and my daughter being delivered preterm I am being classified as high-risk.  Things could get a little crazy in here so proceed with caution.

How far along: 16 weeks!
Total weight gain: 25 Pounds!
Maternity clothes: Oh yes!  I was using a button extender on my jeans but it was just too uncomfortable to wear any more.  Besides, I was getting tired of pulling up my sagging pants.  
Stretch marks: Nothing new.
Sleep:  Sometimes I sleep like the dead.  Other times I barely sleep.  
Best moment of this week: All of the running and working out I was able to squeeze in.  My body is happy to be moving again. The funniest moment though was when my 4 year old got to hear the baby's heart beat for the first time at my 16 week appointment.  It was very strong and loud.  She was immediately quieted down by it.  When the doctor explained to her what it was she quipped, "That is so weird!" 
Miss anything: Not really.
Movement: Nope. 
Food cravings: No although I have a hard time with food that has a lot of flavor.  I think I've been craving a lot of carbs because the taste is so bland.  
Anything making you queasy or sick: No thank God!
Have you started to show yet: I've had a lot more remarks on my baby bump!
Gender: My husband and daughter are convinced it is a girl.  I've switched from Team Blue to Team Pink, but I had a friend tell me she had a dream that I was having a boy too (she's pregnant with her third.)
Labor signs: No!
Belly button in or out: In
Wedding rings on or off:  On 
Happy or moody most of the time: I think no different than normal.  
Looking forward to: Finding out the sex in 3 weeks!

Since we did not spill the beans on this pregnancy to our family until I was 14 weeks pregnant, there will be a fair amount of backtracking until I can get caught up.  Hang in there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment