Thursday, February 9, 2017

SNOW DAY!




I know most New Englanders don't get excited about snow, but this one certainly does.  After 12 years of living on the West Coast where we were lucky to get 6 inches every couple of years and snow plows didn't exist, I enjoy the slower pace and calm that a snow day brings.  As long as it snows enough to keep people off the roads and at home safe, I'm good with it. Now, when it snows just enough to make my morning commute messy and treacherous, well, that's a whole different story.
Not sure what the pouty face is for. She was having fun. 

We were predicted to get anywhere from 8 to 18 inches of snow today and so far at this writing we've hit an unoffcial amount of 13 here in town.

Around noon, the whole family headed out.  Big snowflakes were falling down then.  Our dog, Leia, had fun with it for awhile, but she was the first one to run back inside.

Scarlett and I stayed outside for about an hour so she could play with the neighborhood kids.  They are all around 10-12 years old so it was really sweet of them to help her on their sleds.

I tried to take some more photos and videos of her playing, but the heavy snowfall and my touch screen were not a good mix.  My phone was not happy and did not want to cooperate.  I still managed to get a few photos with my DLSR camera.


She really wanted to build a snowman, but the snow just isn't wet enough for it.  The best moment was when I told Matt to help her and he looked at me stunned, "I don't know how to build a snowman.  Do you remember where I grew up?"  Oh yeah, I guess kids in San Francisco don't get much practice at making one.

Of course, when we were done we came inside for hot chocolate and warm snuggles.

Anybody else have a snow day today?

No comments:

Post a Comment