Monday, February 27, 2017

20 Weeks Pregnant and Halfway Baked!


Disclaimer: This is my second pregnancy.  With my first pregnancy my daughter was born preterm, breech and via C-section.  Due to my age, my medical history (hello, incompetent cervix!) and my daughter being delivered preterm I am being classified as high-risk.  Things could get a little crazy in here so proceed with caution.


How far along: 20 weeks
Total weight gain: 30 pounds, but my weight gain seems to be slowing down. 
Maternity clothes: All of the time.
Stretch marks: Nothing new.
Sleep: Yes, please!
Best moment of this week: The OB let Scarlett hold the wand for the doppler so she could find the baby's heartbeat.  I really wish I'd had my camera ready to snap a picture.  She was thrilled that she could be a big helper and she loves doctors!  
Miss anything: Being able to relax and unwind - there is so much to do.
Movement: Oh yeah.  She's been moving quite a bit.  
Food cravings: I just really want bland foods which means carbs which leads to unnecessary weight gain because my body hates yeast. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Really flavorful foods.  My tastebuds just can't handle it.  
Have you started to show yet: I think so!
Gender: Another girl!  We are so lucky!  You can watch our 4 year old daughter finding out that she is having a sister HERE.
Labor signs: Nope, in fact I have "lots of cervix" according to my OB.  I have an incompetent cervix so they are monitoring me closely to see if I will deliver early again.  
Belly button in or out: In
Wedding rings on or off: On, but I think I'm going to have to take it off soon.  
Happy or moody most of the time: Tired.  Just so tired.  
Looking forward to: Another ultrasound at 24 weeks to make sure my cervix is still holding up!

Since we did not spill the beans on this pregnancy to our family until I was 14 weeks pregnant, there will be a fair amount of backtracking until I can get caught up.  Hang in there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment