Monday, February 22, 2016

Low Carb, Gluten Free Pancakes!

Photo courtesy of "I Breathe I'm Hungry"
Yes!  You can have your pancakes and eat them too when you are low carb and gluten free.
I discovered this pancake recipe when I did an egg fast to clean out my liver and jump start ketosis about 6 weeks ago.  You can find the instructions for the egg fast HERE. For the record I plan on doing it again after my birthday (February 25) so I can get back into ketosis and, well, clean house from all the birthday and holiday treats this month.

The recipe for those yummy low carb pancakes are below.

Low Carb, Gluten Free Pancakes

Ingredients






2 oz. cream cheese (full fat, please!)
2 eggs
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract


Directions

Mix all of the above ingredients in a blender for at least 30 seconds.  Let the mixture settle for 2 minutes.  Coat a small frying pan in butter and pour in about 1/4 cup of the mixture at a time.  I have noticed that on medium low heat this does take awhile to cook, but you'll want to watch it so it doesn't burn.  The thicker the pancake the longer it takes to cook.  Once the pancake has firmed up it is usually safe enough to flip and cook the other side.
By my calculations you should get 2 pancakes out of this mixture.  If you want more just increase the eggs and cream cheese, but keep a 1:1 ratio in mind meaning for each egg you add in an equal amount of cream cheese.  




No comments:

Post a Comment