Saturday, February 27, 2016

Stuffed Bell Peppers (Low Carb)

The basic ingredients.
About a year ago when I was re-dedicating myself to the low-carb lifestyle, I stumbled upon a multitude of recipes for stuffed bell peppers.  The recipes seemed easy enough, which as a working mom is super important to me, and none of the ingredients were exotic, another plus.  I found them great for lunches as they were easy to reheat.  Also, I played around with what I stuffed them with.  Sometimes I used cream cheese and mayo.  Other times I used cream cheese and sour cream.  I'd switch up the crumbled bacon with pepperoni if I didn't have any on hand.  Point is, once you start making these you can switch up the ingredients as much as you want and really make them your own to fit your taste.

Ingredients

  • 8 Ounces of cream cheese
  • 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese 
  • 2 Tablespoons of full fat mayonnaise
  • 2 Green (or really, any color) bell pepper
  • 2 slices of bacon, turkey or pig, your choice
  • 2 teaspoons of garlic powder (optional)
  • Any additional low carb toppings that you would like!




Directions

The finished product!  Yum. 

  • Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
  • Soften the cream cheese and then mix it with the Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise and garlic powder.
  • Slice open and clean out the peppers of all seeds.  
  • Spoon in the mixture into the open-faced peppers and add any additional toppings you might want.
  • Place the peppers onto a greased cookie sheet and put into pre-heated oven for at least 25 minutes.  I like mine a little crispier so if you do too you might want to put them in for longer.  
  • Let them cool down for a bit before enjoying.
  • These re-heat wonderfully for lunch the next day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment