Wednesday, January 25, 2017

12 Weeks Pregnant and Finally Heard the Heartbeat!



Disclaimer: This is my second pregnancy.  With my first pregnancy my daughter was born preterm, breech and via C-section.  Due to my age, my medical history (hello, incompetent cervix!) and my daughter being delivered preterm I am being classified as high-risk.  Things could get a little crazy in here so proceed with caution.


How far along: 12 weeks!
Total weight gain:  Around 14 pounds, but I was weighed on a full stomach having just eaten prior to my doctors appointment. 
Maternity clothes: Still just my shirts for the length.  Definitely can't button my pants anymore.  
Stretch marks: Same old same old.
Sleep: I ran out of Magnesium Citrate which I take for my adrenal fatigue and I'm actually sleeping better without it.  
Best moment of this week:  Hearing the baby's heartbeat at my appointment.  Our 4 year old still doesn't officially know there is a baby in my belly yet.  Our doctor was really good about not letting on either.  When she listened to the heartbeat my daughter was full of questions and she simply told her that sometimes we use a stethoscope to listen to mommy's heart and sometimes we use the Doppler.  My daughter quickly said, "Or a baby."  I think she is on to us.  
Miss anything:  A nice glass of wine to relax with at the end of a hellish week.  
Movement: Not yet, but we could hear baby kicks along with the heartbeat! 
Food cravings: No, just hungry all of the time.  
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Chicken and pork, sometimes salad.  
Have you started to show yet: I think I am!  
Gender:  Still thinking it is a boy since this pregnancy is far less brutal than my last.  
Labor signs: No!
Belly button in or out: In
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or moody most of the time: Tired.  Just really tired.  
Looking forward to:  Our anatomy scan where we find out if this is a boy or a girl, is set for January 30!

Since we did not spill the beans on this pregnancy to our family until I was 14 weeks pregnant, there will be a fair amount of backtracking until I can get caught up.  Hang in there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment