Thursday, January 26, 2017

What's It Going to Be?




A baby. It will most definitely be a baby.

Monday, January 30 is the day of the big ultrasound where we not only find out that the baby is developing correctly but we can finally answer the most anticipated question of "will it be a boy or a girl?" 

While we wait, I thought it would be fun to find out what a couple of the gender predicting old wives tales think we are having. 

Chinese Gender Predictor Chart

This chart takes into account your age and month of conception to tell you if your Team Pink or Team Blue. No idea how this is supposed to work, but i guess that's why it's an old wives tale. When I plugged in my information it told me we are having a GIRL.

Heartbeat Per Minute

Supposedly, if a baby's heart beat is less than 140 than it is a boy. Over 140 than it is a girl. At my 8 week appointment, baby's heart rate was 160.  This would make her a GIRL.

Cravings

According to this theory, if you are craving sweet foods than you are having a girl. This was so true with Scarlett. I couldn't stop drinking OJ and craved fruit like crazy. On the other hand, if all you want is salty or sour foods than you are having a boy. All I want this time around are sandwiches and chips. I guess that means BOY for this one?

As Pimply as a Teenager

If you find yourself breaking out all over worse than you did as a teenager than you are having a girl based on the idea that girl babies steal their mother's beauty. This was certainly true with my first pregnancy but this time around my skin isn't that bad so BOY?


Older Sibling's Hairline

This one is new to me! If this is your first pregnancy than you can't use this one as the baby needs an older sibling. If you look at your older child's hairline at the back of the neck and it is straight across than you are having the same gender as the older child so for us a girl.   If it peaks, than it is the opposite gender of the older child. Scarlett's is straight across so that would mean GIRL.


So that is 3 for GIRL and 2 for BOY.  Hmmm, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens on Monday.  Right now, Matt and Scarlett are on Team Pink.  I'm on the fence, honestly.  I really don't care either way although another girl would make things a whole lot more convenient and we'd save money and if you know me you know I like to save money.  

No comments:

Post a Comment