Monday, January 2, 2017

8 Weeks Pregnant and I Look Like I've Popped!


Disclaimer: This is my second pregnancy.  With my first pregnancy my daughter was born preterm, breech and via C-section.  Due to my age, my medical history (hello, incompetent cervix!) and my daughter being delivered preterm I am being classified as high-risk.  Things could get a little crazy in here so proceed with caution.  

How far along: 8 weeks although at my 8 week ultrasound baby was already measuring 2 days ahead so I'm closer to 9 weeks now.  
Total weight gain: 10 pounds of bloat!
Maternity clothes:  Some shirts, but I wear them mostly because of the length.  I can't button my pants that well so I need the length to hide them.  
Stretch marks: Just what was there before.  
Sleep: If I didn't need to pee after 6 hours then I'd be sleeping all of the time!
Best moment of this week:  Getting to see baby on the ultrasound.  There really is a baby in there! 
Miss anything: I miss not having terrible stomach pains.  
Movement: Nope!
Food cravings: Bagels and cream cheese.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Chicken.  This happened the last time.  Even my daughter's chicken nuggets make me want to barf.
Have you started to show yet: I look like I've popped even though I know it is mostly just bloat.
Gender:  Still thinking boy just because this one isn't trying to kill me like his sister.   
Labor signs: Dear lord, no!
Belly button in or out: Still in, but it never popped out the last time.  
Wedding rings on or off: Still on, but my fingers are already starting to bloat out.  
Happy or moody most of the time: Just tired and tired of having a belly ache. 
Looking forward to: Telling our family over Christmas.

Since we did not spill the beans on this pregnancy to our family until I was 14 weeks pregnant, there will be a fair amount of backtracking until I can get caught up.  Hang in there! 



No comments:

Post a Comment